A few Highlights:
- Agriculture– We worked with 38 farmers to review their farm and look for potential risks to water quality. We look at how they store and manage manure, fertilizers, fuel, and pesticides.We provide recommendations that make sense for the farm business and the environment.This year we worked with farmers to manage 9,078 acres.
- Water quality protection- We hosted the first ever “Celebrate our Rivers” cruise to engage the public and elected officials about our local water quality testing results, projects, and volunteer efforts
- We hosted multiple landowner workshops to learn more about Wildlife habitat and Pollinators, Rivers, Veterans in Agriculture, Cover Crops for Soil Health, Recreation in the Middle Grand River and Native Plants
- Education – we coordinated the statewide Arbor Day celebration, bringing in over 1200 students from the surrounding 5 counties.We also helped plan the Science Adventure camp at Bennett Park that gets kids outside and learning about soil, water, wildlife, and recycling.
- Promote and Partner with USDA Farm Bill Conservation Programs